- The time taken to process all refund requests will not be more than 7 working days.
- Furen International School adopts the Refund Policy as per the Standard Student Contract as set out by the Committee for Private Education (CPE). This policy will act as a framework in guiding the implementation of detailed refund processes and procedures for the withdrawal due to non-delivery of course, withdrawal due to other reasons and during cooling off period.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
Furen International School will notify the student within 3 working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- Does not commence a course on the course commencement date
- Terminates a course before the course commencement date
- Does not complete a course by the course completion date
- Terminates a course before the course completion date
- Has not ensured the student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by Furen International School stated in Schedule A of the standard student contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA)
Furen International School will also notify the student within 3 working days if it has cancelled the course due to insufficient intake.
The student will be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the student decide to withdraw, within 7 working days of the above notice.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
If the student withdraws from a course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1 of the standard student contract, Furen International School will refund an amount based on the table in Schedule D of the standard student contract within 7 working days of receiving the student’s written notice of withdrawal.
Refund During Cooling-Off Period
Furen International School will provide the student with a cooling-off period of 7 working days after the date of contract signing by both parties.
Furen International School will refund the student with the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D of the Standard Student Contract) of fees already paid if a written notice of withdrawal is received within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the student has started the course or not.
|% of (the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C)||If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received:|
|100%||More than 30 days before the Course Commencement Date|
|50%||Before, but not more than 30 days before the Course Commencement Date|
|25%||After, but not more than 7 days after the Course Commencement Date|
|0%||More than 7 days after the Course Commencement Date|
The application fee paid will not be refundable.
Details on the procedures for refund are available in the online version of our Student Handbook which can be found here.