The maximum processing time of not more than 7 working days from the Student’s withdrawal/ refund request for the issuing of refund.
The School adopts the Refund Policy as per the Standard Student Contract as set out by Committee of Private Education (CPE). This Policy will act as a framework in guiding the implementation of detailed refund processes and procedures in the following areas:
- Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
- Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
- Refund during Cooling off Period
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Non-Delivery of Course
FIS will notify the Student within three (3) working days upon knowledge of any of the following:
- It does not commence the Course on the Course Commencement Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Commencement Date;
- It does not complete the Course by the Course Completion Date;
- It terminates the Course before the Course Completion Date;
- It has not ensured that the Student meets the course entry or matriculation requirement as set by the organisation stated in Schedule A of the standard student contract within any stipulated timeline set by CPE; or
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA)
FIS will also notify the Student within three (3) working days if the PEI cancelled the Course due to insufficient intake.
The Student should be informed in writing of alternative study arrangements (if any), and also be entitled to a refund of the entire Course Fees and Miscellaneous Fees already paid should the Student decide to withdraw, within seven (7) working days of the above notice.
Refund for Withdrawal Due to Other Reasons
If the Student withdraws from the Course for any reason other than those stated in Clause 2.1 of the standard student contract, FIS will, within seven (7) working days of receiving the Student’s written notice of withdrawal, refund to the Student an amount based on the table in Schedule D of the standard student contract.
Refund during Cooling-off Period
FIS will provide the Student with a cooling-off period of seven (7) working days after the date that the Contract has been signed by both parties.
The Student will be refunded the highest percentage (stated in Schedule D of the Standard Student Contract) of the fees already paid if the Student submits a written notice of withdrawal to the PEI within the cooling-off period, regardless of whether the Student has started the course or not.
|% of (the amount of fees paid under Schedules B and C)||If Student’s written notice of withdrawal is received:|
|100%||More than 30 days before the Course Commencement Date|
|50%||Before, but not more than 30 days before the Course Commencement Date|
|25%||After, but not more than 7 days after the Course Commencement Date|
|0%||More than 7 days after the Course Commencement Date|
The application fee paid will not be refundable.
Details on the procedures for refund are available in the online version of our Student Handbook which can be found here.