Transfer / Withdrawal Policy
- A student who requests for an internal course transfer within Furen International School must have their existing contract terminated. A new student contract will be signed based on the procedures for executing student contracts.
- A student who transfers from his/her current course to another course within Furen International School will be deemed to have withdrawn from the course and the Refund Policy will apply unless as otherwise agreed between Furen International School and the student.
- The student must fulfill all the admissions criteria of the new course and will be subjected to Furen International School’s student selection and admission procedures.
- A student who withdraws from Furen International School to enroll with another school will be deemed to have withdrawn from Furen International School and the refund policy and procedures shall apply.
- In the event Furen International School receives a request from either ICA or another PEI for the attendance record of the student before the student has put in a withdrawal application, Furen International School will also treat this as a withdrawal case. As such, Furen International School will terminate the Student’s Pass and forbid the student from attending classes at Furen International School with immediate effect. Students will also have to go through Furen International School’s withdrawal procedures, once such requests have been raised.
- In the event that an application pertaining to transfer is rejected by ICA, the Student’s Pass is to be cancelled within 7 days.
Deferment / Extension Policy
- Furen International School does not allow any deferment. Any related cases will be treated as withdrawal instead.
- Furen International School does not have course extension procedures and any extension of course will be treated as a transfer / signing of a new student contract.
Conditions for Granting of Transfer and Withdrawal
- All outstanding fees must be settled prior to the request for withdrawal or transfer.
- The student must submit the Course Transfer / Withdrawal Request Form including any supporting documents and adhere to the process as stated in the Course Transfer and Withdrawal Procedures.
Conditions for Refund
Furen International School’s Refund Policy shall apply for all qualified refunds. Students are to refer to Furen International School’s Refund Policy and the Standard Student Contract for further details.
Student Pass Status
- The course transfer of foreign students will be subject to ICA’s approval of the new Student’s Pass. In the event the transfer is rejected by ICA, the student will be required to cancel his existing Student’s Pass within 7 days.
- Foreign students will be required to submit their passport and Student’s Pass to Furen International School for the cancelation of Student’s Pass with ICA within 7 days.
Timeframe for Assessing and Processing Transfer / Withdrawal Cases
The entire transfer / withdrawal process, from the point of application to the final outcome, will not be more than 4 weeks. If the final outcome is not in favour of the student, staff from the respective department will handle each situation according to Furen International School’s dispute resolution policy and procedure.
Details on the procedures for transferring and withdrawal of course are available in the online version of our Student Handbook which can be found here.